play_circle_outline

play.flamenetwork.net

players online

Discord Server

A (Very) Unnecessary Post About RPG

NDSDNS

Mar 25, 2018
Idris Manor
Ignore this lol but for good news scroll down to creeper’s (aw man) post.

Gonna have to be blunt for a little bit here: Flame Skyblock kinda feels like pretty much any other skyblock server. The difference that makes up for this, however, is the amazing community who pretty much already knows each other. While some of us may not like each other, (aka me getting hated by everyone else, not that i care lol), Flame has a very tightknit community. In fact, if you tried to make a family tree, you would probably give up just on the first generation.

But the reason this community here is RPG. Everyone is waiting for RPG’s release. Sure, we’re all fine with Skyblock, but we really want RPG because it’s just such a creative gamemode.

If you need proof for this, go no further than:

#1. The number of people asking when RPG is coming back.
#2. The fact that Squizsy, (aka llen), has spent hours grinding to try and get is top 1. Why, you may ask? Money to support their clan on RPG.

The thing about RPG, however, is that you have to do it well. You need to be committed to making something original and fun that can support the community, for example, the fact that RPG may always have player-made clans. I know you have to make money off of this, but if you go into it trying to make something not focused around getting money, such as not being pay to win, it will do a lot better. Why not go in trying to make money? Because if you have good non pay to win things on the store, people will buy them! How do I know this? Because it’s very evident based on the history of Flame. Many people have purchased ranks on skyblock, and they did last resurrection as well. If they like the gamemode, they’ll support it by buying perks.

Now, this hasn’t even covered my range of suggestions for RPG, but I just wanted to cover how passionate I and others are about this gamemode, and how if you want to win our money, you need to be committed to making an amazing gamemode. One thought I did have, however, is it would be pretty cool if, assuming that it’s ready, RPG released along with a new season of Skyblock. Or possibly after the new season starts. (I say this because the people that are grinding for store credit for RPG will probably want to buy their things during the release sale, if there is one).

Hoping you take this into consideration,

NDSDNS/NotRelevant/Idris​

Last edited:

CreepersplaysMC

Manager - Staff & Community Manager
Staff member
Manager
You act as though we don't know that people love RPG. We are fully aware of how much love there is for RPG, including a ton from me in fact. I came into flame as the manager of RPG and watched it grow into what it did. I am very well aware of how much RPG meant for the server. In fact, I was one of the main people pushing to keep it at one point for a reset along with @CraftyBr. The reason RPG isn't a thing right now is simpy currently, RPG is way too big of a server for us to put up. We need to have the monetary backing to be able to viably open RPG and keep it running and not just shut down again a few weeks after the launch of it. That's why we went with skyblock, it's easier to launch and usually brings in money, as you've noticed. RPG was supposed to be the first server to launch but we ran into mostly storage issues with the size of RPG and not having a service to run it. RPG is still on our minds we have not forgotten. Trust me. I appreciate the passion but you also don't have to act as though we have forgotten about RPG.

Regards
Creeper

NDSDNS

Mar 25, 2018
Idris Manor
You act as though we don't know that people love RPG. We are fully aware of how much love there is for RPG, including a ton from me in fact. I came into flame as the manager of RPG and watched it grow into what it did. I am very well aware of how much RPG meant for the server. In fact, I was one of the main people pushing to keep it at one point for a reset along with @CraftyBr. The reason RPG isn't a thing right now is simpy currently, RPG is way too big of a server for us to put up. We need to have the monetary backing to be able to viably open RPG and keep it running and not just shut down again a few weeks after the launch of it. That's why we went with skyblock, it's easier to launch and usually brings in money, as you've noticed. RPG was supposed to be the first server to launch but we ran into mostly storage issues with the size of RPG and not having a service to run it. RPG is still on our minds we have not forgotten. Trust me. I appreciate the passion but you also don't have to act as though we have forgotten about RPG.

Regards
Creeper
Literally exactly what I wanted to hear. Tysm. Just wasn’t sure because skyblock is kinda focused around money. (Though i now see the purpose for that.)