play_circle_outline

play.flamenetwork.net

players online

Discord Server

KITTYGIRLNEA Staff/Developer Application

• Non staff members, please refrain from commenting on staff applications.

nea

Aug 21, 2022
  • Describe yourself in 3 words: Dedicated, experienced, smart
  • What is your greatest strength? (Detailed) As a result of having a job, my greatest strength is not my programming skill but knowing when a feature is worth taking the time to work on from a business perspective.
  • Why did you decide to apply to become a staff member on Flame? (50 words minimum) As AJ said in his application, I would like to contribute to bringing RPG back to life. In addition, being Flame staff is my childhood dream that I think is finally acheivable now that I've matured.
  • What can you improve upon yourself? (100 words minimum) As a staff member, definitely being more humble towards supporting players who don't know what they're doing. As a developer, I would like to become proficient in more languages, especially Rust. In addition, I would like to understand more of the underlying fundamentals of computer science such as how compilers and such work.
  • What will you bring to the table as Staff? (100 words minimum) Gonna just talk about developer qualifications here:
    - In the past year and a half I've developed a complex project that makes extensive use of Minecraft's packets, marketed it to 4,200 discord members, and have made about $500 in sales so far after monetizing in the last month.
    - I spent my summer working as an intern at a fairly large software company where I learned to work as a team both in general and in specific technologies such as git.
    - I was a lead developer for several months at a small RPG Minecraft server where I developed the base custom items plugin that allowed for lots of customization.

As far as being staff goes, my aforementioned 4,200 member discord server is part of one of Minecraft's worst communities full of racists, homophobes, and transphobes, and I genuinely believe that I've made my server one of the nicest places to be in that space.
  • What sets you aside from the rest of the applicants? (100 words minimum) no one else has the qualifications stated above
  • What do you plan on doing to help Flame Network? Custom development work for a revival of Flame RPG
  • What does it mean to be a staff member to you? Bro this is an unpaid internship when I could be spending my time having at a paid internship on my business what does it mean for me? The ability to work on a server that used to be my favorite place to spend my time.
  • Is there anything else we should know about you? I was previously known as NDSDNS, and was considered annoying by many. However, I don't believe many find me annoying anymore.

• IGN: KITTYGIRLNEA/Sumowo
  • Discord Username: (e.g. pizza#0001): nea#3400
  • Are you currently in our discord?: Yes
  • Previous Usernames/Accounts: NDSDNS, IrrelevantGhost, ghqst#0001
  • Have you been previously banned? blacklisted for a short period of time

• Server/Network Name: SiegeRPG
  • Rank Achieved: Lead Developer
  • Time as Staff: 6 Months
  • Responsibilities: (Detailed) Designing the architecture of our fully custom plugins, including an indepth custom items framework. Involved both Java and Kotlin. I also bootstrapped much of our build tooling, CI, and website.
  • Website (if available): No longer active, but https://siegerpg.net/

On Requirements:
    You must be at least 13 years old. Yes
    You must have 60 hours of playtime globally in-game. Yes, definitely had this
    You must be able to join and communicate in our Discord server. There
    Your application must contain a minimum of 500 words though 1000 is preferred. 539
    You have to have 5 Forums Messages Had these on my other account but it's old and cringe and i forgot what it was
    You must be in the server discord. ok isn't this already listed