play_circle_outline

play.flamenetwork.net

players online

Discord Server

Denied Rohan's Staff Application (Aerostratic)

• Non staff members, please refrain from commenting on staff applications.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohan

Jul 28, 2020
Introduction
Describe yourself in 3 words:

A hardworking person
What is your greatest strength? I have three traits that are all some of my greatest strengths!

Leadership skills - I currently lead my own eSports team! As the Leader of Team Aspire my job was to regulate the revenue that came in from sponsors and to make sure that no one was trying to steal our name. I feel that because of my leadership skills I could be an excelling staff member. My leadership skills can help me be the role model I want to be to the rest of the community. And my leadership skills can help me guide other players, and can also help me moderate with ease. And because of my leadership skills, I know when to be "professional" and when to be "laid back" during a conversation. This is useful as a Helper since being a part of the staff team requires you to be professional and mature; I have that ability due to my leadership experience.

Friendliness - I'm a very nice person when it comes to first impressions. I'm really open when it comes to meeting new people, it's just my personality. I never shout or anything regardless of the situation, I find my ways to get my point through while still being calm and a little assertive. I find that being friendly is a beneficial trait to have while being a staff member on Flame as staff members should be open to help all players since it's their duty. Being friendly is also beneficial to the staff team since it shows the players that they don't have to hesitate to ask me a question. That's the type of persona I want to give out.

Multi-tasking - I somehow find it pretty simple to do four things at once. I'm able to talk to players on the server, reply to DMs on discord, talk to people in the Flame discord, and reply to my messages on my phone all while still being up to date with what's currently happening. This is a crucial quality to have as being a staff member on Flame is quite hard because of how diverse the server is. Being able to Multi-task can benefit the staff team since I can be talking to my mentor or another staff member while spectating a game at the same time and being able to cope with both.
Why did you decide to apply to become a staff member on Flame?
There are three things that inspired me to apply for Helper on Flame

The Staff Team - The staff team is so welcoming, kind and friendly. I know all the staff members are trained and supposed to act like this but something hit different when I first joined Flame, everyone seemed to care when they got a new player on the server, I admired that and won't ever forget that moment! All of the staff members are always ready to help me out when I need it and I want to give back to the community and be a part of something with an amazing community!

The New Season - I reminded myself to apply before the next season so that I'd be able to start staffing right when the new season starts. The new season has me hyped up and I know that lot's of players will be joining upon release which means I'll be able to do my staffing duties to the max at that point!

The Community - Honestly, the FlameNetwork community is just amazing. I can't really put it in any other way. Everyone is so welcoming and friendly to each other, it overall just makes me want to give back to the community and motivated me even more to apply! Another way the community has motivated me to apply is that I was actually brought here from another server where I found the name flame network and when I first joined I knew this server is one I'd be playing on for a while, and I've been playing it for nearly a month or so!
What can you improve upon yourself?

One weakness that I acknowledge and am working on to improve myself on would be that I'm a bit soft, usually when someone says something a bit touching I tend to zone out and do something or say something I shouldn't. I understand that this isn't a good thing and I've been working on ridding of this weakness and I must say I'm making good progress. It hasn't happened again yet thankfully and I hope that it doesn't. I strive to keep my conversations professional over on
discord as I do more than just chill on discord servers, I use other social media platforms for non-professional conversations.
What will you bring to the table as Staff?

I can bring a hard working staff member that is able to complete tasks and projects in a timely manner. I can also bring a passionate staff member who is willing to step out of their way and dedicate more time than usual if needed. I am mature for my age and am proud to say that I have never "raged" over anything in the course of competitive gaming or staffing under pressurizing or stressful situations. Another thing I can bring to the table as a staff member is a member who is constantly striving for improvement and can handle criticism without getting offended or talking back.
What sets you aside from the rest of the applicants?
I have a substantial amount of leadership experience for my age. I will go more in depth about these experiences below.

Owning an eSports team - I used to own my own eSports team, it's called IRIS eSports. And it was quite successful. As the Leader of IRIS my job was to regulate the revenue that came in from sponsors and to make sure that no one was trying to steal our name. I feel that because of my leadership skills I could be an excelling Helper. My leadership skills can help me be the role model I want to be to the rest of the community. And my leadership skills can help me guide other players, and can also help me moderate with ease. And because of my leadership skills, I know when to be "professional" and when to be "laid back" during a conversation. This is useful as a Trainee since being a part of the staff team requires you to be professional and mature; I have that ability due to my leadership experience. It's still currently up and is still exponentially rising.

Being the Co-Founder of a Game Development company - I currently administrate a game development company called Snage Studios. This isn't like a "every 9 year old's dream" kind of game development. We actually take thing seriously and are working on making a fully stable multiplayer FPS game from code and unreal engine (graphics) for the rest of the gaming community to play. As an administrator of Snage Studios I handle all of the marketing related issues and I am currently the lead of the support team. Because of the fact that the game, Dreadstorm, is hyped up around the community we receive X emails each day and sometimes not all of our support team members can respond to all of these emails professionally and efficiently, this is where I come in. I make sure everyone is able to do their job and meet our criteria. I also give all of our employees tasks and handle development issues.

Being an Administrator on many big servers - As I said in the previous question, I have experience moderating on decently big minecraft servers/networks making me fit for this position. In one of the responses I mentioned a server named "Kohi." This server could be compared to other gigantic networks today. I ended my time as a Platform-Administrator on Kohi after 9 months of service. As a Plat-Admin I handled all of the staff meetings, demotions, promotions, and terminations on the staff team and I managed all staff and player reports. This could be considered as "leadership" experience as being an Administrator of a server is like being a leader of a server in it's own ways.

Wrestling Team Captain: During Winter, some sports opened for students who wanted to participate in a competitive organized sport. I already signed up last year (7th grade) and had the highest overall ranking throughout the rest of my batch. Since I had such a high placement in the class I became the next Team Captain. As the boys wrestling captain my responsibilities included: Occasionally teaching the class, making a tournament roster for when we did play in tournaments, and giving hints to the coaches as to who might be eligible to hopefully become the next captain. My favorite part about being a captain for the 8th grade wrestling team would be that it allowed me to connect and get closer to so many new people who are now some of my closest friends!
What do you plan on doing to help Flame Network?
I plan on being an active and helpful staff member on FlameNetwork. I also plan on advertising the server on my team and personal socials as I usually do post about the servers I play on. I also plan on donating once I get some more money to spend, I know that people say this and never end up doing it but I do have a form of income.

Another way I plan on helping Flame is hopefully taking part in community and staff projects to make the server better! I find projects fun as it's an amazing way to collaborate and really engage with others!
What does it mean to be a staff member to you?
It would mean so much as I really care about the server and would be a dedicated staff member!
Is there anything else we should know about you?
Not as of yet now
Background Info
IGN:
Aerostratic
Discord Username: rohan#1000
Are you currently in our discord?: Yes
Previous Usernames/Accounts: NameMC
Have you been previously banned? No
Previous Staff Experience

I was given permission by an admin to post my resume!

Last edited:

Rohan

Jul 28, 2020
RESUME: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PrA5wap9Ne8tHH503CdGQ4Q7y_VKkfqc/view?usp=sharing or click here

FOLLOWING OFF OF MY RESUME

I'm also currently/was a manager for

Team Aspire which has 4.8K on YT and 36K on Insta

Team Iccy which has 5K on YouTube

Team Delusive which has 1.7K on Youtube

SOME MORE PREVIOUS SERVER EXPERIENCE:

Koven Network: I'm still currently a staff member on this LAN server. Koven is particularly known for it's competitive aspect in the gaming world. I work as a game moderator and a build manager. As a build manager, well it's quite straight forward haha; I manage the build team and provide tasks. As a moderator, I work as a screen share admin and a game moderator. A screenshare admin is someone who has permission from the server to conduct advanced searches onto a users computer to detect cheats or blacklisted modifications. And a game moderator basically manages the chat (which is usually flooding) and the players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.