2. Gamemode Suggestion is for:
    3. Description:
    4. Image/Video (optional)
Status
Not open for further replies.

NDSDNS

Mar 25, 2018
Idris Manor
Okay yeah I know, I know, Slimefun has been asked for again and again, but I believe v4 would be the perfect time to release this as a central feature in RPG, and I believe 1.14 would be a good release version as well.

Reasoning towards 1.14.4:
It is my belief 1.14 would function well as a base for RPG because of several reasons.
1. 1.14 Spigot is as stable as it will possible ever get, or at least it will be by the time of RPG’s release.
2. All major plugins, Magic, Slimefun, Multiverse, etc are fully updated.
3. The Village and Pillage update contains many new features that are very fun in survival, such as the ability to make sophisticated villager trading halls and pillager raid farms. These new additions to the game make survival more enjoyable, and also YOU CAN PLACE REDSTONE ON GLASS!

Reasoning for Slimefun:
As Slimefun and its various addons have been suggested again and again, the number one reason for vetoing is “It’s not updated by the author anymore and it’s unstable.”
But this is simply not true. Though the spigot and bukkit pages remain stagnant, the github has remained active and both the Slimefun core as well as all addons developed by the author have been updated to 1.13/1.14. Proof and source: https://thebusybiscuit.github.io/builds/TheBusyBiscuit/Slimefun4/master/

I think this would really mix up the RPG gameplay instead of just the same old survival with magic. Exotic Gardens is an addon that would also work well as it does custom food, plant, and trees with almost no setup.

Reasoning for Fair Ranks:
After considering it, I do think that God rank would be a good addition to RPG, priced at for example $50. However, I would like in the future for all donation ranks to be eula compliant, at least in the kits as this adds fairness to non donators. For example, Aedile could have Protection 1 diamond, Augustus Protection 2, Legatus Protection 3, and God Protection 4. This would make all donator items obtainable ingame without having to purchase it from a donator.

Final Note: If you were willing to put time into it, a custom enchantment table GUI like the one Hypixel Skyblock has, with custom enchants, would be a good complement to Slimefun. (However, this might take a custom plugin. I think I might be able to rig one using a CE plugin, deluxe menus, and mycommands. Will try to test this out.)

CraftyBr

Manager
Staff member
Manager
Feb 18, 2018
Hi,
Thank you for your suggestions! We really appreciate your interest in making RPG the best it can possibly be. Now, with your suggestion for making RPG 1.14. While the major plugins are currently updated, some of the smaller lesser known plugins aren't fully supported currently. If we were to use 1.14, we would need to have all of our plugins be supported. As for Slimefun, even though it is currently supported, we cannot guarantee that it will continue to be supported. Even if it was continuously updated, we're not really a fan of the code behind Simefun. Finally, during the creating of donator ranks and other perks, we will make sure that all items are balanced. Once again, we appreciate all suggestions, Have a great day/night!

Thanks,
Crafty

AJKinney

Admin - RPG Connoisseur
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 18, 2018
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Hello,
While slimefun might be updated, it's still unstable as heck. The lack of updates was never really the main issue. Like you said, "because it wasn't updated and it was unstable" well even with it being updated that doesn't change the unstable factor. If it's going to crash the server every hour because that's just what it wants to do we're not going to sit around and just tell people "haha yeah our server crashes every hour" we're going to fix the problem. In this case the problem is the entire plugin, so we're just not going to add the plugin so that we do not have to remove the plugin in the future. Because why would we purposefully add something that we know is an issue if we also know we're going to just have to remove it after people might have already gotten used to it. That just leads to people quitting whereas they might not quit for lacking slimefun if we never offered slimefun in the first place.
However, there are other plugins that we can use to imitate some of the options that slimefun has that will work better in the long run. All in all, I think it's a wonderful suggestion because of what you wanted to be added with it, so if you can find us some other plugins that imitate slimefun since you want it so much, we can test it when possible to make sure that it runs well with the other plugins RPG uses that are actually needed for RPG to be RPG.

Again, thank you for your suggestions, have a wonderful day/night.
- AJKinney

NDSDNS

Mar 25, 2018
Idris Manor
Hello,
While slimefun might be updated, it's still unstable as heck. The lack of updates was never really the main issue. Like you said, "because it wasn't updated and it was unstable" well even with it being updated that doesn't change the unstable factor. If it's going to crash the server every hour because that's just what it wants to do we're not going to sit around and just tell people "haha yeah our server crashes every hour" we're going to fix the problem. In this case the problem is the entire plugin, so we're just not going to add the plugin so that we do not have to remove the plugin in the future. Because why would we purposefully add something that we know is an issue if we also know we're going to just have to remove it after people might have already gotten used to it. That just leads to people quitting whereas they might not quit for lacking slimefun if we never offered slimefun in the first place.
However, there are other plugins that we can use to imitate some of the options that slimefun has that will work better in the long run. All in all, I think it's a wonderful suggestion because of what you wanted to be added with it, so if you can find us some other plugins that imitate slimefun since you want it so much, we can test it when possible to make sure that it runs well with the other plugins RPG uses that are actually needed for RPG to be RPG.

Again, thank you for your suggestions, have a wonderful day/night.
- AJKinney
Thanks to both of you for such long and thoughtful answers! I will attempt to find sufficient replacements, though exotic gardens may be hard to find. I might even develop a plugin of my own. (Been experimenting with java a bit.)

Also I do have to argue your point on the fact that slimefun crashes often. I play on another server where slimefun is well implemented, and it really doesn’t crash all to often despite having a respectable amount of players.

Crafty, for your point about 1.14 not being supported by some of the small plugins, I think it would reason to stand that RPG may come out about the time of the 3rd skyblock season, which would give several plugins time to update? If at all possible could you list some of the lesser know but still needed plugins that were used by ROG?

AJKinney

Admin - RPG Connoisseur
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 18, 2018
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Slimefun works well enough on its own, and with a few of the bigger plugins, however, it doesn't work very well with a lot of our smaller plugins. We're not going to be able to implement it and keep a lot of the other plugins that RPG relies on, we're not going to go into too much detail as to what plugins we use other than the main ones that you can easily find just by playing. But it's just not realistic for us to implement slimefun and also have RPG be the RPG we all love. So while it might not crash as often on other servers, it would on RPG. I would also like to point out of course that "Every hour" is an exaggeration but it would crash more often than we would like for RPG to stay successful. Not all servers function the same. I guess it just takes some time working on a server like RPG to understand how RPG works though. None of the administration has an issue with slimefun itself as in the features it adds as, but we do have an issue with how slimefun runs and interacts with other plugins that are actually necessary for RPG to run correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.