• If you are making a suggestion, please follow this template:
    1. Your IGN:
    2. Gamemode Suggestion is for:
    3. Description:
    4. Image/Video (optional)

NDSDNS

Mar 25, 2018
Idris Manor
So. I have no idea if there will be a new RPG or not, but here are some suggestions I have for it:
Backpacks. This would honestly be really cool and helpful. However, they would only be useful as an item and I’ve found a plugin that should work well: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/backpack.29439/

A bigger hub. The spawn right now is really tiny and only contains a few NPCs with basic quests. Making the spawn bigger so that you can explore and adding more quests would be really cool. Perhaps a marketplace at spawn as well that has NPCs that literally just take you to their respective categories in GUI shop would add to the overall atmosphere.

Dungeons. These are possibly my most wanted item and could bring a lot to the game. Portals to dungeons could be scattered around the spawn and could have obstacles like enemies, parkour, and basic puzzles. Each dungeon could have its own theme and custom boss to finish things up. As an incentive for completing dungeons, certain untradeable spells and magical items could be rewards for defeating bosses. You could make it so that you can't drop the special items or /trade or /ah them, only put them in private chests and backpacks. (The backpacks would be untradeable as well, which I think would be a requirement for even having backpacks because of unique tags and such.)

Quests WITHIN dungeons. To not have to make so many dungeons, NPCs both inside and out could offer quests that need to be completed in dungeons, such as killing all enemies.

Upgradeable parties. This is an interesting idea. First, parties NEED to have /p <message> because otherwise, we will all die. Secondly, parties could have MCMMO based XP upgrading, like guilds on the uh biggest Minecraft server. Upgraded parties would have more homes and possibly MCMMO bonuses. https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/parties-an-advanced-parties-manager.3709/ looks nice.

Player created warps. I have suggested these in the past, but for businesses and such, having perhaps one player created warp available per player would be incredibly helpful for getting people to your shop without having to TPA them there every single time. Being able to name warps would also be really nice. For example, https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/mywarp but with private warps disabled.

Chest shops. In the past, this has been rejected because of /ah. As I have said, this is a TOTALLY different thing that allows you to sell multiple things at once. You can even have limits on how many chest shops one person can have.

Lockette. Enough said.

Being able to get more sethomes somehow. Maybe instead of playtime it could be buying more on the store, (which most of the current donators would instantly snatch up,) or doing quests important to a story or something.

So I have no idea if v4 is going to be a thing or not, but those are my suggestions. (for now!)

Last edited:

CraftyBr

Admin · RPG Manager
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 18, 2018
Cakeopolis
Hello, First off, thank you for all your suggestions. I'm gonna list my feedback next to each of your suggestions.

Backpacks. This would honestly be really cool and helpful. However, they would only be useful as an item and I’ve found a plugin that should work well: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/backpack.29439/
Even though I really like the idea of having more storage space, vanilla Minecraft already provides a method of inventory expansion. Shulker boxes are often sufficient enough to accomplish this task.

A bigger hub. The spawn right now is really tiny and only contains a few NPCs with basic quests. Making the spawn bigger so that you can explore and adding more quests would be really cool. Perhaps a marketplace at spawn as well that has NPCs that literally just take you to their respective categories in GUI shop would add to the overall atmosphere.
I do think that with a new server, there should be a new hub, however, I am not sure exactly what changes will be made. About the individual shop vendors, I really like this idea as well. However, I do see people complaining that this isn't very efficient and that it is an inconvenience. It could be an optional method of interacting with the economy along with another more traditional method.

Dungeons. These are possibly my most wanted item and could bring a lot to the game. Portals to dungeons could be scattered around the spawn and could have obstacles like enemies, parkour, and basic puzzles. Each dungeon could have its own theme and custom boss to finish things up. As an incentive for completing dungeons, certain untradeable spells and magical items could be rewards for defeating bosses. You could make it so that you can't drop the special items or /trade or /ah them, only put them in private chests and backpacks. (The backpacks would be untradeable as well, which I think would be a requirement for even having backpacks because of unique tags and such.)
I am a huge fan of this. Yes, yes, yes. No explanation needed.

Quests WITHIN dungeons. To not have to make so many dungeons, NPCs both inside and out could offer quests that need to be completed in dungeons, such as killing all enemies.
Same thing as the previous. Yes.

Upgradeable parties. This is an interesting idea. First, parties NEED to have /p <message> because otherwise, we will all die. Secondly, parties could have MCMMO based XP upgrading, like guilds on the uh biggest Minecraft server. Upgraded parties would have more homes and possibly MCMMO bonuses. https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/parties-an-advanced-parties-manager.3709/ looks nice.
I agree that parties need a simple party chat command. However, I don't see a reason for parties having the ability to "upgrade"

Player created warps. I have suggested these in the past, but for businesses and such, having perhaps one player created warp available per player would be incredibly helpful for getting people to your shop without having to TPA them there every single time. Being able to name warps would also be really nice. For example, https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/mywarp but with private warps disabled.
In the past, I was all for having player warps. I do think this would be a cool feature but people would either abuse or misuse this ability. I'll see what we can do though.

Chest shops. In the past, this has been rejected because of /ah. As I have said, this is a TOTALLY different thing that allows you to sell multiple things at once. You can even have limits on how many chest shops one person can have.
I know they are different but you can sell multiple items on the auction house. I do not see a reason to have player shops because whenever we had them, they were never used.

Lockette. Enough said.
Lockette is a good plugin but there is no reason to have it since the claims plugin does the same thing. Additionally, incorporating the Lockette plugin means that people can have protected items outside a claimed area.

Being able to get more sethomes somehow. Maybe instead of playtime it could be buying more on the store, (which most of the current donators would instantly snatch up,) or doing quests important to a story or something.
Maybe.

Once again, we appreciate all suggestions and find them very valuable. If you think of anything else, feel free to post another suggestion thread.

-Crafty

NDSDNS

Mar 25, 2018
Idris Manor
@CraftyBr I ain't gonna quote that huge post lel.
Anyways, yeah, I didn't really think about shulkers. The idea with backpacks was a way to not have untradeable magic items from dungeons clog up your inventory.

About the hub, my intent was fully for /shop to still exist. The shopkeepers would just be optional filler content to make the hub more lively. (Maybe an exclusive hidden black market or something could be used.

Glad you like dungeons and quests! Possibly a basic story could be tied in.

I think that maybe you could lock player warps behind a playtime rank.

And yeah, I kinda get your answers for the last three.

Thanks for reading my suggestions!

CraftyBr

Admin · RPG Manager
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 18, 2018
Cakeopolis
The shopkeepers would just be optional filler content to make the hub more lively. (Maybe an exclusive hidden black market or something could be used.
That could be done. And that's probably what would be done if we were to add NPCs to spawn to act as an interactive market.

NDSDNS

Mar 25, 2018
Idris Manor
I have no idea. I was speaking more as, "If we do decide to make massive changes, that might possible be the route we will take." Of course, nothing currently regarding RPG is set in stone so plans can and will most likely change.
Your most liked suggestion was for dungeons and I think that if the limits for spawn were expanded a bit there would still be room to add dungeons without having an entirely new spawn. (Area already feels a bit wasted.) I don’t know if you would do the npc shopkeepers, although they wouldn’t take that much time at all to code if you can access sub-shops from their own commands. And making a few new npcs with quests wandering around spawn is very quick. Right now it seems like all the quests are too easy and all geared towards newer players.