3. Description:
    4. Image/Video (optional)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntivar

Feb 8, 2020
IGN: Suntivar
RPG
I don't know if it would be possible right now, but I REALLY want the new features from Minecraft on the server.
I know we have to wait till every plugin used is updated, and other stuff affecting the server needs to be resolved, but if the opportunity comes; i'd absolutely love it if the server was updated <3
(maybe when 1.16 comes? :eek:)

AJKinney

Admin - RPG Connoisseur
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 18, 2018
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Frankly it's not possible not because of plugins but because Minecraft itself past 1.13 has horrible server side performance. Just generating a world on 1.14 or 1.15 uses up most of the ram on the server and when we load chunks it normally maxes out our available RAM and CPU usage along with the very minimum amount of plugins we need for RPG to run as RPG. Even without plugins just attempting to load a vanilla 1.14 or 1.15 server takes up a lot of RAM and uses a lot of the CPU. Our original plan was to release RPG on a more updated version but it's just not very realistic unless something is changed in the Minecraft code itself to make it run better server side.

Edit:
TL;DR: Minecraft past 1.13 has terrible performance on servers especially with the plugins we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.